How Low Can You Go Challenge
Empowering Youth to Reduce School's Carbon Footprint
Energy, Water & Food Waste
Press and play
The How Low Challenge kicks off November 15, 2022 - March 1, 2023.
1.Register for the categories you wish to compete in and submit required information to participate. (Palm Beach and Miami-Dade schools may participate in the energy and food waste category)
2. At the beginning of the contest:
Contact your district person below to request your school's energy kWh usage data from November 15, 2022 - March 1, 2023 to understand how much energy your school has used in the past. The baseline data from the previous year determines the greatest % of reduction. Broward may request water data.
*Broward contact: Gianet Puma email@example.com
*Palm Beach contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Miami Dade contact: email@example.com
Food Waste - Complete student food waste audit and submit data to https://forms.gle/e273DEh5Ede6Bkh46
3. Educate and inspire your school to take action and change behaviors to reduce energy, water and food waste.
4. Optional: By December 15th, create a 15-30 second video or social media post to share a conservation tip your school is using to reduce energy, water or food waste. Submit questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Your midway point results will be emailed.
6. Winners will be announced mid- March.